Project Support Administrator, NYC Ferry
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The NYC Ferry system is a year-round passenger ferry system that launched in 2017 and now carries over 6 million riders annually while serving 25 landings on 6 routes. Reporting to the President’s Office, the Ferry Department oversees NYC Ferry on behalf of the City of New York. Our oversight is comprised of contract management and compliance, day-to-day operations, and planning and policy decisions for the system. The Ferry Department is made up of individuals who manage the fleet and facilities, operations, contracts and finance, and planning/policy/special projects. We also serve as the coordinator for many other NYCEDC departments to ensure the proper maintenance and operation of ferry infrastructure throughout the city. NYC Ferry is a public-private partnership involving close contractual and operational coordination between NYCEDC and a private ferry operator.
Position Overview: As a member of the NYC Ferry Department, you will report to the Assistant Vice President of Contracts and Finance. You will be responsible for providing process-oriented project and administrative support across a wide array of projects and contracts housed within the Ferry Department. The operational support you provide will ensure that contracts are properly procured and authorized, and that payments are made successfully and in accordance with NYCEDC requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the contract and finance team to accept, review, and process all department invoices.
- Develop and apply a thorough working knowledge of key contract related functions including familiarity with online platforms for satisfying contract and task order executions.
- Provide comprehensive contract management associated with multiple assignments executed through the department’s non-ferry operator contracts including procurement, budgeting, invoicing, and contract compliance.
- Interface with contractors and consultants, as needed.
- Liaise with multiple departments at NYCEDC (e.g., Contracts, Budget, Accounting, Legal, etc.) and various City agencies as needed.
- Leverage a working knowledge of other key department functions including familiarity with specific contract procurement, registration, execution, and compliance process.
- Provide general support and work on special projects within the department, including logistical support for trainings or other departmental events, assisting in managing and ordering supplies, onboarding new staff, among other tasks and assignments.
- While department members manage their own calendars, you will occasionally coordinate and schedule certain meetings and facilitate scheduling needs.
- Perform occasional reception duties for the division including answering phones, delivering messages, logging in external guests through the building’s online security portal and greeting outside guests, and any administrative and operational tasks associated with business priorities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus experience working or interning in an office environment. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 4 or more years of office environment experience is acceptable.
- Experience or interest in developing experience with procurement, accounts payable, and financial data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Demonstrated prioritization and time management skills. Self-motivation to complete assignments and support team members.
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude, and comfort working in a team setting
- Ability to handle multiple assignments competently and efficiently
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
- Have, or can obtain, a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential, reimbursable by NYCEDC)
Salary Range: $55,000-$57,000
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Social Responsibility Mission is to create a People First strategy by attracting, retaining, and engaging a diverse and talented workforce. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents.
To help build an inclusive workplace culture, NYCEDC supports six employee resource groups that strive to engage members and advocate for their respective communities within NYCEDC. Those groups are: Accessibility group, Elevation group (BIPOC), Mindful group, Out/EDC group (LGBTQAI+), Parents group and Women's Leadership group. NYCEDC employees work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive team where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and have an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.