Vice President, Campaigns & Content - Public Affairs
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The primary responsibilities include developing and implementing proactive campaigns across earned media and owned channels, which spotlight EDC’s work and impact across the five boroughs. The VP will work closely with the AVP of content & storytelling, AVP of social media and SVP of public affairs on execution of an organization-wide communications strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Vice President will collaborate with internal and external EDC partners to develop and implement compelling external-facing campaigns that align with key organizational and communications priorities
- Secure proactive, feature media stories on EDC and its work across the five boroughs
- Manage AVP of content & storytelling to oversee development and execution of content/storytelling strategy
- Draft speeches and content for public appearances
- Work directly with City Hall and other agency communications staff to develop compelling external campaigns
- Other duties as directed by the managers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional experience in public relations, journalism and/or government agency-related work
- Strong media relationships and track record of securing feature coverage in top-tier media
- Experience developing and implementing campaign/media strategies
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Strong speechwriting skills
- Proven ability to interact with and coordinate across diverse internal departments, city agencies and/or external partners
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Creative, independent thinker, strong research and analytical skills
- New York City resident (required within 180 days of hire)
- Display confidence and leadership
- Demonstrable interest in public policy, urban affairs and/or economic development
- Working knowledge of New York City government operations and current local issues
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.