Events Coordinator, Marketing
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The goal of the NYCEDC Events Team is to ensure that our key properties and campuses are regularly activated with events that help enhance the brand of the property and EDC, and drive visitation, tenanting and revenue (where possible).
Your Role: The Events Coordinator role will be responsible for handling the day-to-day logistics and administrative needs associated with producing events. This includes managing permitting needs, processing invoices, handling insurance needs, and helping contracts get executed. This role will also help to screen incoming event requests and assist with social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer event related contracts on behalf of NYCEDC
- Administer the provision of up to date insurance certificates from vendors
- Process event related invoices
- Manage permitting needs with all external entities
- Screen incoming event requests
- Coordinate with NYCEDC social media team to ensure proper event promotion
- Manage and maintain various property event calendars
- Some work on-site at EDC properties may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Ability to organize and manage work against tight timelines
- Ability to multitask and prioritize among competing needs and opportunities
- Ability to use standard Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- Language fluency in Spanish and/or Chinese
- Experience/relationships with or knowledge of event organizers in the New York Metro area
- Experience/relationships with or knowledge of local, community-based organizations in the five boroughs
- Demonstrable interest in public policy, economic development and New York City
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.