Senior Counsel, Legal Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: NYCEDC is seeking an attorney with experience in business structuring, program development, real estate and/or financial transactions to engage in transactional practice as a Senior Counsel within NYCEDC’s Legal Department.Qualifications:
- At least five years of post-law school legal transactional experience is required.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is The City of New York’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the City’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our 30 person Legal team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including a company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.