Events Operations Associate, Marketing
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The goal of the NYCEDC Events Team is to ensure that our key properties and campuses are regularly activated with events that help enhance the brand of the property and EDC, and drive visitation, tenanting and revenue (where possible).
Your Role: The Events Associate role will be responsible for overseeing production of events at NYCEDC properties, as well as working with vendors, event producers, talent, and other 3rd parties to help coordinate venue rentals. This role will lead site visits and assist in various sales activities. This role will coordinate with the NYCEDC social media team to ensure proper promotion and/or coverage of events at EDC properties. This position will report directly to the Events Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as lead producer on a portfolio of smaller scale events
- Coordinates the set-up and production and management “day-of” event needs
- Serve as day-to-day liaison with the EDC operations team
- Coordinates and leads site tours and other sales activities
- Liaison with 3rd party event organizers and vendors
- Support NYCEDC’s social media team through the capture of event content
- Serve as collaborative communicator and diligently maintain good working relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Coordinate with the wider marketing team to ensure event branding, signage and promotional materials are on message
- Initiates work/planning on MiNY Campus and other EDC properties
- Work on-site at EDC properties required
- Some nights and weekends required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in marketing or hospitality
- 2-5 years of experience in event planning
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Strong sense of urgency and responsibility to achieve deadlines and goals.
- Enterprising and resourceful, results oriented.
- Adapts well to changing priorities and circumstances.
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire.
- Language fluency in Spanish and/or Chinese
- Experience/relationships with or knowledge of event organizers in the New York Metro area
- Experience/relationships with or knowledge of local, community-based organizations in the five boroughs
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.