Junior HR Business Partner, Human Resources
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: will be a member of Business Partner team and provide support in driving and executing HR initiatives across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for general employee inquiries. Provide guidance and interpretation to employees on policies and procedures.
- Oversees the annual calendar and associated actions to support key business deliverables. Anticipate and successfully execute annual HR processes (performance management, annual reviews, promotions, merit, and compliance trainings) in partnership with HR team. Drives completion of annual processes through high-touch communication and tracking.
- In partnership with HRBPs, guide employees and managers through employee relations issues, participating in the performance improvement process to reach appropriate resolutions.
- Performance Management: Provide performance management guidance to management, such as coaching, counseling, and career development
- Support the HR team through organizing and participating in project work and project update presentations for leadership. Projects may include campus recruiting, employee volunteer events, taskforces, launching new programs, etc.
- Track movement across the employee cycle- new hires, transfer of employees into new roles, and exits. Track assessments of talent against functional/leadership competencies and the learning and development actions we are taking. Support internal transfers through career coaching conversations, stretch assignments, employee networking, etc.
- Act as a liaison with the Talent Acquisition team as it relates to recruitment; job requisition forms, job description library, open jobs report, & referral tracking.
- Job data management for client groups, ensuring data accuracy for client groups, act as lead point of contact for people managers as it relates to various processes including documents required for new hires, job data changes, data corrections, and separations. Maintain accuracy of organization charts.
- Partner with team on New Hire Onboarding meetings for high volume of new employees to ensure a seamless, high-touch onboarding experience, which includes conducting new hire check-ins. Support the temporary & consultant onboarding process by partnering with payroll vendors on assignment setup, billing, etc.
- Support the employee separations/offboarding process in partnership HRBPs, Payroll & MIS (final pay, equipment collection, exit interviews, data changes, etc.)
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong interpersonal communication, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of HR practices, procedures, and policies
- Knowledge and proficiency in ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Strong PC skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be client focused.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects from end to end.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire.
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.