Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and operational support for the Initiatives department and women.nyc. This individual executes a variety of routine and complex duties in support of day-to-day administrative functions, conduct project work and provide backup support to Presidents Office Executive Assistants as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage calendar, including all appointments, meetings and calls and related research regarding company and attendee background, contact and other relevant information
- Greet and welcome visitors
- Maintain familiarity with departmental projects and external partners
- Create, format and edit documents and presentations in a variety of formats including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Manage vacation schedule for staff in department
- Make travel and meeting arrangements
- Handle invoice payment and process expense reports
- Provide back up support and coverage for other administrative staff
- Provide support at related events as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience with office administrative management
- Proven competency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and ideally Concur)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Self-motivated, diplomatic, and dependable with an unrelenting attention to detail
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Good analytical and problem anticipating/solving skills
- Strong attention to details and follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and opportunities
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.