Project Manager, Grants Portfolio Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: NYCEDC’s Grants Department is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the management of each project as it relates to grants, from grant application through closeout. The Grants Department coordinates with NYCEDC Project Managers and other departments to ensure appropriate oversight of all grants, including legal and fiscal compliance, fiscal management, reporting and reimbursement.
The Portfolio Management team reports to the SVP Grants Management and advances grant funded projects by providing internal and external support and coordination. Working on assigned tasks, the PM
will learn a lot about project management and will have a hand in exciting NYCEDC projects. The PM will develop a variety of grant and project management skills while assisting with systems updates, reporting
and compliance tasks. The PM will interact with NYCEDC internal project teams and external funders. The PM will help to review invoices, change orders and contract amendments; prepare reimbursement
requests and oversee project-specific reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support coordination with federal and state grantors and other agencies
- Share information with OMB, City DOT, SBS and other city funding recipients
- Participate in audit meetings and grantor monitoring visits
- Learn and advise internal project teams about applicable federal, state and local compliance
- Learn to read grant agreements and other legal documents in order to advise on grant
- Understand and support conformance of EDC to subrecipient agreement terms and
- Maintain project management information and ensuring record keeping and documentation of
all activities, costs and beneficiaries
- Learn about other NYCEDC departments in order to support grant project managers
- Facilitate requests for drawdowns of grant funds from the City of New York
- Review and approve invoices, change orders, and contract amendments
- Maintain up-to-date information in EDC’s Grants Management System (GMS)
- Provide audit support including but not limited to locating and preparing files, responding to
requests for information
- Planning and administration activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of relevant project management experience or equivalent.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze legal and financial documents.
- Knowledge of city, state or federal government operations is a plus including understanding of
budgeting, grant and contract management and public procurement.
- Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) processes as well as experience working
with FMS (New York City’s Financial Management System) preferred.
- Capable user of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database management experience
- Critical thinker with ability to define problems and identify and execute timely solutions.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized individual, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- A cover letter is required to be considered for this position.
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.