Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (Temporary Role)
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Assignment Duration: This is a temporary role with an expected duration of at least six months.
Position Overview: The Recruiter will be a part of the Talent Acquisition Team in the Human Resources department, and will manage and oversee the full-cycle recruitment process for a variety of positions within the organization. Partnering with internal stakeholders, the Recruiter will execute strategic recruitment plans to hire a broad range of candidates. The Recruiter will also work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team to provide support on managing job requisitions, scheduling and facilitating interviews, and preparing onboarding paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process such as posting job requisitions, conducting phone screens, interviews, reference checks, and background verifications as needed.
- Manage a high-volume of active requisitions (and maintain candidate database, candidate pipelines, etc.).
- Work closely with managers to complete a hiring plan for each open role to gain a comprehensive understanding of the team’s hiring needs and ensure a streamlined process for each backfill.
- Serve as the point of contact for candidates and assume responsibility for their progression through the recruitment process.
- Establish and utilize a variety of sourcing and recruitment strategies using the internal talent pool, internal referral program, applicant tracking system (ATS), campus recruitment program, networking, and internet advertising (including social media, school boards, professional association boards, job boards, etc.).
- Provide support on planning and executing NYCEDC’s annual summer internship program.
- Provide general support on recruiting efforts, such as posting job openings to career boards, sourcing candidates, scheduling phone screens and interviews, performing reference checks, and initiating the background verification process for candidates.
- Coordinate interviews and contact applicants as needed throughout the interview process.
- Support NYCEDC’s campus recruitment efforts including coordination and attendance of career fairs, maintaining recruiting events calendar, and researching new campus partnership opportunities.
- Sign-up for and attend recruiting events (including career fairs, information sessions, workshops) as an NYCEDC ambassador.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, which includes preparing and saving new hire data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is required
- At least 2-3 years of experience recruiting in a high performance culture
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for all areas of recruiting, including recruiting administration as well as strategic recruiting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to all levels.
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Experience in diversity recruiting a plus
- Previous experience with managing candidate flow in an online Applicant Tracking System preferred
Salary Range: $30 - $37 hourly
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Social Responsibility Mission is to create a People First strategy by attracting, retaining, and engaging a diverse and talented workforce. Like the city of New York, NYCEDC knows our strength comes from each of our connected parts, making the fabric of our organization better and stronger because of our unique employees' talents.
To help build an inclusive workplace culture, NYCEDC supports six employee resource groups that strive to engage members and advocate for their respective communities within NYCEDC. Those groups are: Accessibility group, Elevation group (BIPOC), Mindful group, Out/EDC group (LGBTQAI+), Parents group and Women's Leadership group. NYCEDC employees work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive team where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and have an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.