Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Budget Department is NYCEDC’s fiscal resource, partnering with NYCEDC departments and City agencies to lead in financial planning, analysis and accountability with a commitment to service, strategic investments and transparency.
The Internship: NYCEDC is searching for a highly capable college student to work as a paid intern in the Budget Department. Candidates must demonstrate an interest in economic development, possess research and analytical skills, and have the ability to work collaboratively. It is expected that the Intern will work on a part-time basis during the spring semester and full-time in the summer. Exact schedules will be determined in consultation with the Intern.
- Perform data validation and clean-up on data sets
- Compile data on current and historic capital, expense, or programmatic projects
- Assist Budget Analysts with the preparation of the tri-annual capital, quarterly expense, and annual programmatic budgets
- Assist Budget Analysts with project reconciliations to show accurate funding sources, encumbrances, and payments made to date
- Contribute to the implementation of new processes, data tracking, or information systems
- Coordinate budget activities and documents for assigned projects and programs
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Policy, or related field;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and Outlook required)
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation;
- Problem solving, especially with innovative and creative solutions;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to understand big picture and be detail-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to requests for information;
- Comfort interfacing with senior officials and management; and
- Interest in urban infrastructure and economic development issues
- Experience in budgetary planning/management, procurement, project management, financial analysis, public policy analysis or a related field is a plus.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.