Assistant Social Media Manager, Business Development, Public Affairs
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Assistant Social Media Manager is responsible for contributing to a team of content creators and media experts in public affairs (working across media relations, marketing, and government and community relations), with specific focus on attracting and retaining business in New York City through strategic use of social media.
The Assistant Social Media Manager will support teams within EDC focused on NYC business attraction and retention and plays a key role in working on both paid and earned media, amplifying EDC’s role in growing the NYC business community. This role supports media relations and other public affairs programs, and reports to the Assistant Vice President/Social Media Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage paid and earned media plans, analyze and report on selected KPIs
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to execute social media strategies
- Creates engaging social media content and posts for NYCEDC’s suite of social media accounts as directed by the AVP/Social Media Manager
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to execute paid social media strategies
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to monitor and measure the impact of social media marketing efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2-3+ years professional experience social media/digital content creation and knowledge of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Experience creating paid campaigns across platforms is preferred; specifically Facebook Business Manager and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of social media scheduling software; (Sprout) is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to craft clear and timely messages
- Strong grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated competencies in planning, problem-solving skills, and negotiation
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and incoming requests
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Suite, and/or similar graphics tools a plus
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
Position Funding: This position is funded by International Business Development funds provided by external funding. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of funds. Funds are expected until August 31, 2024. Employment at NYCEDC is at will and may be terminated by employee or company at any time regardless of funding.
About Us: NYCEDC is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. NYCEDC works with and for communities to provide them with the resources they need to thrive, and invests in projects that increase sustainability, support job growth, develop talent, and spark innovation to strengthen the City’s competitive advantage.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world.
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.