The Membership Representative is a temporary, part-time position responsible for answering Member customer service inquiries, including but not limited to; Membership sales, current and upcoming exhibitions, tour reservations, and general Garden information by phone and email.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organizational culture throughout the institution.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide phone and email customer service.
- Update Members’ biographical information in databases Raiser’s Edge and Siriusware as needed.
- Perform general administrative tasks and other duties as assigned, including customer service in other Visitor Experience departments.
- Assume onsite sales responsibilities when needed.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Proficient in using Internet and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Must be available to frequently work weekends, holidays, or evenings.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other databases a plus.
- Experience in office setting a plus.
Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment.
This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact [email protected].
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at [email protected].
EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans