Assistant Educator, Edible Academy Summer Camp
The Assistant Educator, Edible Academy Summer Camp will assist with the logistics and implementation of the summer camps at the Edible Academy. Each session (July or August) comprises a three week long camp, featuring garden-based enrichment activities related to culinary, arts, and sustainability. Campers enroll in advance, with participants ranging in age from 5 to 10 years old. Assistant Educators help with program setup and cleanup, support facilitation of activities throughout the day, including gardening, science, games, and art, as well as, aid with participant supervision during recess periods.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organization culture throughout the institution.
The New York Botanical Garden is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, and further recognizes that diversity in our workforce fosters excellence in our mission of advocating for the plants of the world. Leveraging the strong foundation of existing policies and practices, NYBG will advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility through a number of institutional initiatives. Our aspiration is to continue to cultivate a workforce and institution that is as diverse as the communities we serve and the audiences we engage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily setup of program spaces with necessary supplies and equipment.
- Daily cleanup of program spaces, organization of materials, during and after each session.
- Assist with participant check in and dismissal procedures.
- Support program activity facilitation throughout the camp day, including gardening, science, and art projects.
- Assist with promoting positive camper interactions throughout each program day.
- Share games and activities with campers during program recess periods.
- Experience working with children, an interest in gardening and teaching, as well as excellent communication and organizational abilities.
- Must be professional and mature.
- Enthusiastic attitude is essential.
Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment.
This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact [email protected].
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at [email protected]
EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans