This is a seasonal part-time position. Attendants greet and serve visitors to provide the best possible visitor experience. Attendants sell admissions, parking tickets, encourage and sell memberships, and guide visitors to locations of interest through the Garden in a friendly and professional manner.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and actively helps to build and maintain an inclusive organizational culture throughout the institution.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Attain knowledge of ticket types for all Garden activities.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable on all Garden events and current exhibitions; inform visitors about all areas of the Garden.
- Become familiar with admissions apparatus and policies.
- Encourage and carry out membership sales transactions.
- Inform visitors about all attractions and exhibits.
- Conduct all transactions in accordance with policies and procedures set forth by the Visitor Services Department and the New York Botanical Garden.
- Perform other duties as specified and needed by department management.
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions, to be outdoors, and to sit and/or stand for long periods.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Ability to move 25 lbs.
- Previous customer service experience desired.
Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment.
This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact [email protected].
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at [email protected].
EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans