The Registrar is a full-time position that coordinates and implements registration functions for all school, family, and professional development programs. Supervises Registrar Liaison and Greeters to facilitate efficient and effective execution of programs and activities. Manages visitation records, mailing lists, information exchange with Visitor Services (VS), and facility use.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and actively helps to build and maintain an inclusive organizational culture throughout the institution.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Register and provide information to school and family audiences.
- Provides logistical oversight and support for school groups entering and traversing the Garden grounds.
- Process and send invoices, confirmations, and schedules to potential participants, when necessary.
- Process and collect program payments, when necessary.
- Trains and supervises part-time Registrar Liaisons and Greeters.
- Interacts with VS and provides school visitation count weekly; receives and records family visitation count weekly from VS.
- Manages registration budget.
- Maintains weekly, monthly and annual statistics for school and family programs; maintains cancellation records and other visitation records as needed; analyzes statistics to identify trends.
- Writes and modifies the registration portion of department-wide procedures manual.
- Writes and maintains registration procedure manual to provide for coordination between VS and School Office.
- Supervises the maintenance of mailing lists, program information, registrations, and facilities availability on registration database.
- Monitors registration systems to identify system problems and coordinates solutions with Information Technology, including large-scale changeovers to potential new software systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Strong computer skills; ability to work in database, word processing, and spreadsheet
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with diverse populations
• At least one-year supervisory experience in registration or customer service capacity
Please be advised, as a term and condition of accepting a job offer the candidate for employment must submit proof of full vaccination. Candidates for employment unable to submit proof of full vaccination at the time of the offer will not be considered for employment.
This policy is subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the American for Disabilities Act (ADA) and other EEO consideration. If you believe that because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that you may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption to this policy please contact [email protected].
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at [email protected]
EOE/BIPOC/F/Persons with disabilities/Veterans