Sr. Strategy Analyst, Delivery - Remote PositionJob ID #1263
Sr. Strategy Analyst, Delivery
Note: This is a fully remote, work from home position. Qualified candidates can be located anywhere in the United States.
This position reports to the Sr Delivery Manager, Strategy and demonstrates practical experience, can work independently on different types of projects, and has the ability to come up to speed in a new domain quickly.
They are a key member of the Strategy Team, contributing business analysis outputs to support organizational goals. The Business Analyst assists in the progress monitoring to execute on our strategic plan and operational excellence goals by working collaboratively with stakeholder teams and the Senior Delivery Manager to identify siloed and/or duplicative initiatives and obstacles to success, escalates issues as necessary, and identify potential solutions. This work could include understanding stakeholder vision, elaboration on the requirements for that vision, and delivery of outputs that inform potential solutions.
In addition, the Business Analyst may support other areas of Strategy including Strategic Partnerships & Business Development, philanthropy, and special projects as needed.
• As delegated, plan and manage the completion of business analysis tasks to support strategic plan and operational excellence goals objectives.
• Work with business stakeholders to identify needs, issues and risks.
• Interact and communicate with staff at all levels of the organization to elicit, document and validate requirements for proposed changes or approved projects.
• Manage changes to requirements and communicate to diverse audiences.
• Identify and define business needs, problem definition and approach.
• Create analysis deliverables (e.g. user stories, workflow diagrams) to inform the stakeholder audience, both technical and non-technical, for the purposes of review and prioritization.
• Work with stakeholders to validate that the solution meets the business need.
• Manage data collection for NWEA’s scorecard on a regular basis, ensuring data are both accurate and updated regularly. This scorecard will track mission, market, and operational progress and also contain leading/lagging indicators that will inform whether the strategy needs to pivot based on internal/external developments.
• Manage content for the internal Strategy pages on NWEA’s SharePoint site and workflows in Smartsheet.
• Seek opportunities to continuously improve all progress monitoring finding ways to drive collaboration and efficiency.
• Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the organization.
Skills and Abilities
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and overall professional demeanor.
• Verbal and written communication should transform complexities clearly and concisely in a way that inspires action.
• Strong desire and proven ability to successfully develop relationships at all levels within an organization.
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to use data and other evidence to solve problems and drive action.
• Through effective questioning skills, must be able to synthesize information and identify potential root cause for problems.
• Applies a variety of creative interviewing techniques to identify needs, issues and solutions, whilst working with a diverse audience (business, management, technical).
• Proven track record of working well in teams to drive results.
• Strong ability to prioritize to ensure timely delivery and focus on greatest opportunities for impact.
• Facilitates and maintains stakeholder confidence in the analysis process.
• Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
• Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
• Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
• Balances stakeholders: serves as a liaison between different stakeholder groups; effectively aligns the interests of multiple, diverse stakeholders
• Strategic mindset: formulates a clear strategy and maps the aggressive steps that will clearly accelerate the organization toward its strategic goals
• Plans and aligns: focuses on highest priorities and sets aside less critical tasks; uses milestones to diligently track and manage the progress of the work
• Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough
Education and Experience
• Minimum five years of practical experience with demonstrated results. Project management experience a plus.
• Strong preference for experience in the education and/or technology industry.
• Pre-existing knowledge of NWEA’s core business highly desirable
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide timely data to help tailor instruction. For more than 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. More than 11 million students in 146 countries use our solutions to support their learning and growth each year.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website