Project Manager, Content SolutionsJob ID #563
Project Manager, Content Solutions
About This Role…
The Project Manager, Content Solutions will lead Content Solutions projects, and cross-organizational projects, taking the lead in coordinating work with key stakeholders across the team and/or organization. This role oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short and/or long-term projects for specified deliverables. This position will play a key role in moving projects forward, ensuring quality through the completion of projects on time, on budget and in scope. The Project Manager, Content Solutions reports to the Director of Content Solutions Operations.
Your Next Challenge…
- Manage multiple projects at a time, within capacity, for a variety of project sponsors and/or stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines, milestones and deliverables; work with Content Solutions team members and other stakeholders to develop schedule for project plans
- Provide clear, consistent, and regular reporting on progress and risks related to contract deliverables. Develop and deliver progress reports, documentation, and presentations to track project milestones and deliverables
- Participate in development of project budgets and integration of project costs into the organization-level budget and financial forecast.
- Track project activity and expenditures against plans; communicate effectively through multiple channels to sponsors and key stakeholders; manage external delivery partners where required.
- Continuously assess project risk factors and recommend courses of action to mitigate risks in timeline, budget and scope
- Develop, maintain and evolve standards, tools, templates and documented processes for process improvement and project governance.
- Learn and participate in the process for developing project and resource portfolio planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms.
- As assigned to larger organizational projects, support senior project or program managers in providing leadership to cross-functional project teams; clarify project objectives and define tactics necessary to accomplish these objectives.
Your Skills and Abilities…
- Ability to lead multiple projects with a high degree of attention, diligence and rigor
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get different stakeholders to collaborate, respond to deadlines and move work forward according to project schedule
- Ability to assess risks and issues, sense their importance and impact, and effectively communicate them to project sponsors and stakeholders, including proposing mitigation strategies
- Superior project management skills and expertise in tools and best practices associated with the discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to transform complexities into clear, concise written communications.
- Ability to balance competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk and quality; combined with ability to manage several projects concurrently with a sense for organizational priority.
Your Education and Experience…
- Summative assessment experience a must.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in related field; coursework in project management preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in project management in assessment industry
- Experience in vendor relations for program/project outsourced services a plus.
- CAPM or PMP certification desired; experience in supporting the creation of project portfolio management tools and design of dynamic, data-driven web applications highly desirable.
- Familiarity with SmartSheet a plus, but not required.