People Business Partner - Durham
Nutanix is looking for a People Business Partner (HRBP) to support a few senior leaders reporting to our Chief Operations Officer. You will contribute strategically and hands-on to cultivate a unique and creative culture as we scale our business. The PBP provides full-cycle talent leadership and works closely with all levels of the organization. This position is a critical, highly-visible role that partners with our business leaders to drive Talent initiatives—in addition to acting as a trusted counsel and advisor to the business, as a leader with HR expertise and perspective, and being an integral part of the business and People teams.
- Partner with the business clients, Sr People Business Partner(s), and People Team CoEs to identify, develop and drive key initiatives such as leadership development, talent/performance management, change management, workforce and succession planning, talent acquisition, employee and career development, rewards and recognition, and coaching (employee and manager). Client groups will be global.
- Facilitate all aspects of the annual cycle of people programs from planning and implementation to review and completion.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders; partner with colleagues inside and outside of the People Team to innovate, enhance, align and drive the effectiveness of People Team initiatives.
- Analyze data and assist in developing/driving initiatives to close gaps and implement necessary solutions to ensure a high-performing workforce; provide candid and valuable feedback to leaders about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Assess business unit's management training needs and coordinate/implement training sessions as appropriate.
- Work with line managers and employees to address various people relations issues and fairly represent all interests.
- Deliver coaching and development feedback to all levels
- Recommend and drive improvement to human resources systems, policies, and processes.
- You have 5+ years in a People Business Partner role and possess strong business and HR understanding, including the ability to diagnose and analyze problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- You have a proven successful track record and knowledge in organizational and employee development, performance management, people relations, and change management.
- You're a data-oriented decision-maker who can analyze quantitative and qualitative data points and influence leaders.
- You act with decisive leadership and the courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address and work in the face of resistance for the business's best interests.
- You operate with a proven customer service focus. You’re passionate about innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- You demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal relationship management skills with all levels of employees.
- You exhibit a bias for action and a sense of urgency while also being able to prioritize and juggle several tasks.
- You have previous experience in a high-tech global growth company with a strong preference for experience with small and large/established companies.
- You have an aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively.
- You have working proficiency in HRIS systems.
- You’re knowledgeable about State and Federal employment laws and other HR-related compliance requirements.
- You have experience working within a highly matrixed environment.
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree (OR the equivalent combination of education and years of related experience).
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.