(Location: Remote west of the Mississippi, USA)
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
Nutanix is enabling IT Transformation with Enterprise Cloud Solutions. We need financial experts to help our sales teams close these transformational deals with Enterprise Purchase and Licensing agreements, creative financial solutions, and business value consultation. This is a customer facing role working with our top performing sales teams on large, transformational opportunities that will move the needle for Nutanix.
The Cloud Economist is responsible for working with Nutanix Reps, SEs, and other internal organizations to provide clients with financial/business justification for implementation of Nutanix Enterprise Cloud. By taking clients through the financial modeling process, the Cloud Economist helps them realize the game-changing ability of Nutanix to transform their experience of managing IT.
You will work with Nutanix Sales management to help the broad Nutanix field organization understand how to build the increased business value of Nutanix hybrid cloud solutions into their account plans and sales strategy. You will serve as focal point for all business value, TCO, ROI, business case and financial discussions with our customers. Your responsibilities will include driving business case, value analysis and ROI related Business Development activities within Nutanix, supporting the Sales organization, Marketing, BD and products teams on ROI/economic related customer engagements.
This is a high impact, customer facing role responsible for developing compelling financial business cases that increase revenue and conversion rate of sales opportunities. This position will support customer engagements in North America.
- Working with Nutanix and Partner reps to identify which accounts are best suited for Enterprise Agreements, Financial Value Selling, and custom procurement models
- Presenting complex financial topics and offerings to customer decision makers
- Building custom Enterprise Purchase Agreements and Financial Models in support of sales engagements
- Using detail TCO and ROI models to help clients understand the economics of Nutanix Enterprise Cloud and the appropriate procurement vehicle to maximize business outcomes
- Review existing customer installed based and associated go forward options in context of client strategy and business objectives
- Providing enablement to sales teams on how to best leverage Nutanix purchasing frameworks
- Working with Nutanix Financial Solutions partners to provide financing options as needed
- Financial Acumen: ability to produce and present Nutanix’s value proposition for the client through quantitative financial analysis
- Business Acumen: through effective discovery extract a customer’s unique financial and operational pain points and business outcomes and align Nutanix solutions accordingly
- An ability to grasp the technical requirements for both Nutanix and competing solutions, including public cloud providers and traditional IT vendors
- Ability to handle multiple, complex engagements at the same time
- Ability to explain complex problems and solutions in a concise and easy to understand and compelling way
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge
- 7+ years prior Sales, Consulting, or similar customer facing role
- Demonstrated financial modeling capabilities in an IT Context (examples: ROI analysis, TCO Analysis, Cloud Costing, Financial Solutions for IT, Technology Business Management, Financial Analyst roles)
- Knowledge of financial budgeting practices, capital vs. operating expense items, and software purchasing
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong TCO\ROI development proficiency
- Direct professional experience with VMware or Public Cloud providers
- Experience selling IT related software, services, or infrastructure
We offer an industry best benefit package including 100% paid company health insurance as well as other very robust benefits, see more here www.nutanixbenefits.com
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique. We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.