Manufacturing Test Engineer 4
- Review, evaluate and become familiarized with ODM test plans and strategies, ensuring system integration expectations are met and coverage of all major components are fulfilled.
- Update, define, and/or develop test plans and strategies that include test flow details, capacity analysis, equipment requirements, and coverage analysis.
- Continuously pursue/find opportunities for test improvements, test time reductions and assurance of on-time delivery expectations, and cost-effective solutions.
- Represent, communicate, influence, and drive test eng. needs during weekly meetings: quality, lifecycle mgmt. activities, engineering – platform and component, and revenue as well as with upper mgmt. and executives.
- A key lead and focal point for our CM partners, driving weekly test meetings, working closely with them during platform, component, and/or ECO releases, and driving requirements.
- Able to work closely with the development team on automated test solutions to test/validate x86 server platforms for test, which may include driving changes and/or making enhancements & modifications to improve coverage, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Launch complex products and technology in a fast-paced environment
- Support the product lifecycle management of all revenue platforms and components which include, but not limited to, first article inspections, yield achievement plans, EOS/EOL, cost reduction, deviations, field quality escalations, DMAIC practices, etc.
- Assist in performing root cause, corrective, and preventative analysis and drive back issues to engineering when required.
- Manage and apply standard product lifecycle code development which includes: plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, and monitor for new product and existing products.
- Using JIRA projects/storyboards for creating and managing SPRINTs planning and releases along with source control tools like Git/Github and Agile methodologies.
- Broad test-related background in the Storage/Server related products/systems.
- Collaborate in SW solutions that are robust, scalable, consistent, and reliable for large-scale production.
- Ability to distinguish between HW and/or SW product issues is desirable.
- Coordinate and apply ECO’s for Firmware, Software, and Hardware changes.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking, prioritization skills, and ‘big picture’ vision.
- Ability to support and provide first-level triage for all factory test-related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present technical issues and project status to Management and/or x-functional teams.
- Ability to work, influence, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to deliver objectives.
- Ability to handle stressful situations under tight time constraints.
- Drive/Lead weekly test-related meetings and TOIs amongst peers and contract manufacture.
- Capability to understand product specifications and features to drive appropriate SW solutions and test/manufacturing requirements (DFx) that include fault detection & FMEA.
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent/related fields
- Prior relevant experience with testing of x86 storage and server products
- 7-10+ years of direct experience in HW or SW solutions with manufacturing-related production experience
- Project Management and Scheduling (MS Project, Smartsheets, etc)
- Knowledge of standard software for scripting languages & environments: Python, C/C#/C++, Perl, TCL, .NET, NI TestStand, JSON, Linux, Windows a plus.
- Understanding of source code & version control systems (i.e. Git/GitHub/CVS/etc)
- X86 Platform experience and supporting HW components
- Hypervisor, Virtualized, and Containerized Solution knowledge a bonus
- Microsoft Office suite skills including Visio, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.