The Role :
The Cloud Economist is responsible for working with Nutanix Reps, SE’s, Manager’s, MD’s and Partners to provide customers with financial/business justification for implementation of Nutanix Enterprise Cloud. By taking customers through the financial modelling and selling process, the Cloud Economist helps them realize the game-changing ability of Nutanix to transform their experience of managing IT and the impact on their business. IDC’s Client Experience Survey shows that IT executives rank the Business Value Assessment higher than the Technical Assessment and Vendor Relationship when making IT decisions.
The Cloud Economist together with Legal/Finance/Ops/Renewal is responsible for working with Nutanix Reps, SEs and Partners to provide customers with business value sales concepts and how it translates in to real world benefits for them. In the discussion with customers about their future projects the Cloud Economist takes them through the details and negotiates the volume and pricing, provides acquisition options such as software and subscription licenses, new products, clusters on public cloud. It includes the conversion of Life of Device to Capacity Based Licensing for future portability regardless of platform for our existing customers. What we are doing is all about taking a customer on the journey to modernize their datacentre and selling them software to grow into. CE helps customers realise their aim to optimise their license costs by leveraging discounts and pricing options exclusive to Enterprise Purchase Agreements which provides customers the platform to simplify and to accelerate the implementation of new IT projects. According to IDC, 68% of the decision makers say that financing capabilities influences their choice of an IT vendor. And, 48% declare they would buy earlier with a 0% or low rate financing proposal. Financial solutions such as operating lease / financial lease, SW subscription models and used IT brokerages support customers accelerating their purchase decision. The Cloud Economist is responsible for supporting customers in their decision for the most beneficial financing option. He/she uses the programs of our financial services partners and the tools provided by Nutanix to help Sales teams closing the deal as forecasted and to potentially increase the deal size.
- Working with Nutanix sales teams and management together with Legal/Finance/Ops/Renewal to identify customers for large strategic pursuits and EPA/ELA and customize the right contract term and volume which both customers and Nutanix benefit from.
- Helping Global Deal Desk to understand the structure and economics of the deals and pursuits.
- Helping customers with the most beneficial financial solution to accelerate the procurement process and to overcome budget constraints.
- Helping customers understand the economics of Nutanix Web-scale and assist in clarifying the type of modelling engagement (i.e. ROI or TCO) that will be most beneficial for them.
- Helping customers understand the benefit of taking a big-picture approach to the financial modelling exercise.
- Working with customers on an iterative basis to arrive at financial results that are acceptable and compelling to the decision-makers.
- Follow up the financial modelling engagements to help ensure the initiatives are successfully closed.
- Working closely with other functions such as renewals, customer success, services, GSI, SP, and other global teams to arrive at specific objectives assigned from time to time.
- An ability to produce and present Nutanix’s value proposition for the client through quantitative financial analysis.
- An ability to incorporate financial selling, strategic selling, solution selling and business value selling into the financial modelling process.
- An ability to grasp the technical requirements for both Nutanix and competing solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills including to C-level personnel and other executives.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge
- Independent and self-motivated individual, self-starter
- Open to learning and adapting in a fast paced evolving technology landscape
- Ability to grasp big picture and able to zoom in to details when required
- Good to have fluent Japanese or Mandarin language skills
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of prior Financial Engineering/Business Value Consultant experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving client adoption of technology
- Demonstrated track record of success and an ability to handle urgent and important tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in selling financial solutions, software, servers, storage or networking.
Industry :Computer Software
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.