Dreamers, Believers, and Builders Wanted—Nutanix is a leading hyperconverged infrastructure software company disrupting the traditional datacenter space. The Emerging Product Specialist (EPS) – NCM Self-Service will play a critical and pivotal role in driving the sales & customer adoption of Nutanix automation and orchestration solutions. With the rapid growth Nutanix is achieving, we need your expertise to increase our capabilities and enable our customers to envision IT their way.
The EPS role is a high-impact, high-visibility role, reporting to the Emerging Products Center of Excellence manager.
As a Nutanix NCM Self-Service Sales Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a technical solution sales leader within our sales organization working with our most important customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner, and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate product capabilities, and prove our overall solutions, to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix multi-product sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned segment. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix NCM Self-service, serving as a product specialist, trusted advisor, and educator for end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate, and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix Products and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision-making evaluations.
- Design and implement Nutanix NCM Self-Service solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects, and Nutanix Consulting Services.
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix NCM Self-Service in your assigned segment and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix NCM Self-Service business.
- Drive sales and adoption through sales-led activities such as targeted bootcamps, workshops, account planning, and account management activities.
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress through the sales cycle
- Influence Nutanix NCM Self-Service strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements, and sales blockers encountered.
- You will be the thought leader in the Automation and Orchestration space. Participate in internal Nutanix technical communities and the broader industry events in alignment with your area of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in Appliance and Software pre-sales and technical sales, with a focus on Automation/Orchestration.
- 1-3 yearsof experience in understanding networking and security principles.
- 2-4 years of experience working with Windows and Linux (preferably RedHat) operating systems.
- 1-2 years experience with Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Executive presence, technical depth & breadth, collaborative with a focus on solutions architecture.
- Thorough understanding of technical discovery and proposal approval processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills, a penchant for organization, constant follow-up, and attention to detail.
- Have a passion for continuous learning
- The job may require travel within the United States as required (COVID restrictions apply)
A successful hybrid seller will have the following qualifications:
- Solution architect– The expertise and ability to convert customer requirements into innovative technical solutions in the enterprise file storage space.
- Technical depth & breadth– Technical depth in Enterprise automation technologies, designs, and migrations, and breadth in datacenter infrastructure technologies
- Collaborative– Able to work cohesively with members of the Nutanix sales, product, engineering, services, and marketing organizations and Nutanix partners is required.
- Excellent Communicator– Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills is required.
- Executive Presence– Validated experience engaging with senior-level architects and leadership is preferred.
- Performer– Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations is required.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely based on qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.