Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.The Nutanix Data Platform and Analytics team is building a large-scale data processing system using heterogeneous systems (OLTP, DW, Telemetry etc.)
Self-service analytics at scale, enabling data-as-a-service are some of the use cases of the Data Platform team.
- Deploying & maintaining hadoop cluster(s), adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Ambari
- Configuring & ensuring the high availability of the Hadoop cluster
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall hadoop infrastructure
- Managing and monitoring the workload(s) running in the Hadoop cluster
- Responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for scaling the capacity of the hadoop cluster
- Ensure that the hadoop cluster is up and running all the time
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- Data backup and recovery
- Resource and security management
- Explore new technologies in Big Data EcoSystem based on the business use cases
- At least 5 years of experience in building and maintaining enterprise grade Hadoop clusters
- Working experience in Hadoop components like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Flume, Sqoop, Zookeeper, MapReduce, Kafka, YARN, HBase, etc
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
- Knowledge of networking, CPU, memory and storage
- Good understanding of OS concepts, process management and resource scheduling
- Knowledge of Automation tools like Puppet or Chef
- Working knowledge of cluster monitoring tools like Ambari
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Familiarity with various components in the Hadoop EcoSystem like Apache Spark, etc
Good to have:
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java or scripting languages like Python
- Experience with building & supporting Big Data Platform & other applications (on Hadoop)
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.