Sr. Systems (Pre-sales) Engineer - GSI / GSP
This role is pivotal as we expand our partnerships with the leading global systems integrators across Northern Europe. We are looking for someone who has direct experience working with Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) and Global Service Providers (GSPs) and has established trusted advisor status with their key technical decision-makers.
Your ability to be both player and coach is essential. As an individual contributor, you will be able to architect complete solutions, document design wins, and effectively “bake” Nutanix solutions into our GSI partners’ overarching service offerings.
As our GSI business continues to expand, you will utilize your extensive network to recruit the very best GSI architects in the business. Increasingly, your role as a leader and coach will expand as you build a high-performance team whose members can work alone with a high degree of autonomy, as well as collaborate with one another when needed.
- Architect and integrate Nutanix solutions into overarching GSI service offerings
- Leverage your contacts within the GSI community to establish Nutanix as the vendor of choice
- Design and implement complex POCs on customer premises or at GSI offices
- Take ownership of all aspects of the technical sales process from beginning to end
- Can cover for any of GSI architect in the event they are unavailable
- Act as an escalation point for any pre-sales or post-sales GSI related issues in the field
- Work with GSIs to build packaged solutions leveraging Nutanix for business verticals (e.g. Store deployment packaging for Retail, workspace automation for insurance agents, etc.)
- Direct experience working for or with Global Systems Integrators
- Able to architect complex IT solutions
- In-depth understanding of hyper-converged infrastructure architectures
- Deep subject matter expertise in at least two of the following technologies: virtualization, storage, software development, networking, security
- Prior experience building high-performance teams
- CXO or executive-level presentation (discussion) experience is preferred
- Hands-on coding or scripting experience is not required but considered highly desirable
- About 50% travel within the EMEA region
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
Qualifications and Experience
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales Senior Systems Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Fluent oral and written English and Scandinavian language skills are required for this position
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.