Nutanix is the leading cloud software company disrupting the multi-billion dollar data center space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 4000+ employees around the world, we're the fastest-growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started!
With our breadth of engineering expertise, unique culture and focus on customer delight, we have maintained an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90.
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer-grade design and web-scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience that has only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix
As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a designer for our San Jose, CA office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems, and whose work demonstrates strong design aptitude for enterprise-level product design. The successful candidate is someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with a globally distributed design team and can help grow and connect design projects across Nutanix's worldwide offices.
The ideal candidate will:
- ramp up quickly on Nutanix product domains.
- embrace Nutanix culture and processes.
- Built a solid understanding of at least one product domain and developed a good reputation within a company in that domain. Have demonstrated the ability to execute, and drive, a variety of design-related activities.
- Successfully present concepts to key stakeholders and explain the rationale for design decisions.
- understand enterprise problems with medium to high complexity and create simple and elegant design solutions.
- build consensus/convergence within the design team and other stakeholders.
- understand and contribute to the experience journey for multiple product domains.
- create project schedules, share status and meet deadlines.
- create and present multiple viable creative solutions for any given problem and help stakeholders understand the pros and cons of each option
- Proactively facilitate teamwork to accomplish common goals.
- Works well with a variety of teams and skill sets.
- Proactively solicits feedback for improvement.
- Participates in and supports effective conflict resolution within a team.
- Builds relationships with other stakeholders and influencers.
- In-depth knowledge of design processes and understanding of the Eng Development processes.
- Contribute to improvements to Design processes.
- Can translate research insights into interaction flows to improve product experiences.
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field.
- Proficient in user research techniques and reports.
- Passion for design, telling customer stories and simplifying the complex problems.
- Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools.
- Familiar with usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely.
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design, and prototyping).
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software.
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.