Director of Sales FP&A
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team within Nutanix is a small high energy team providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a high impact team in a rapidly growing organization. We provide analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Director of Sales FP&A responsible for managing global Sales OPEX planning. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, and have extensive experience scaling global sales expense forecasting and management in a distributed theater level forecasting environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Orchestrate global opex planning process and from end-to-end (AOP, Monthly/Quarterly rolling forecasts, LRP)
- Create and oversee the global planning process requirements and cadence
- Consolidate and analyze theater level forecast inputs
- Consolidate and analyze variances to plan
- Drive vision/strategy around process and systems that will help support scale in a high growth environment
- Develop robust reporting capabilities both at global and regional levels, ensuring consistency across geos (e.g. P&L, Headcount, T&E, other expense levers, etc.)
- Manage and optimize the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational reporting packages for sales leadership
- Become the trusted business partner to global functional owners (Sales Ops, Channel, Inside Sales, Systems Engineering), support managers regarding business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning
- Collaborate and communicate on a timely basis with Accounting and Corporate FP&A on all things related to forecast/actuals
- Partner with recruiting teams and manage headcount hiring process, tracking and updating related business performance metrics weekly/monthly.
Sales Comp Planning
- Collaborate with sales comp team to devise and assess impact of sale comp plan design
- Forecast commissions paid and expense
- Analyze monthly and quarterly sales commissions, summarize KPIs, and assess business risk and operating performance
- Oversee, develop, and mentor two analysts
- Assist with additional ad-hoc analyses for Sales Management and broader FP&A team as needed
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting; MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales finance
- Unparalleled sense of ownership and accountability
- Superior knowledge of excel with advanced knowledge of pivot tables, lookups, and logical functions a must
- Ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction and information
- Strong business and analytical skills; ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a continually evolving environment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, experience and desire to work cross-functionally and be a contributing team member
- Experience working in a high growth IT systems/networking organization preferred
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.