Systems Reliability Engineer (VDI Solutions)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We ensure the success of our groundbreaking technology through infrastructure health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are top-notch engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded and experienced customer-facing Systems Reliability Engineers to support our Frame solution. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, by providing an over the top support experience to our customers leveraging our cloud solution.
Our Frame solution is the future of software distribution. We’ve developed the world’s first cloud platform allows users to be productive from anywhere, by letting them run virtually any desktop applications on any device from their web browser.Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues
- Improve the serviceability of the product by testing new features
- Provide analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field
- Define and drive changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations
- Work with technology partners (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Provide support on weekdays and also off-hours on an as-needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack
- U.S. Citizenship is a mandatory requirement for this position; candidates who do not hold U.S. Citizenship will not be considered for this position due to federal customer requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
- Travel up to 10% is expected due to product training
- Relevant work experience troubleshooting Windows Server operating systems (including AD and networking components) or Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi)
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Administration.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud solutions
- Basic knowledge of Powershell
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 2+ years of work experience)
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.