Senior Revenue Accountant/Revenue Manager
(Location: San Jose, CA…or remote West coast USA)
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
In this visible and exciting role, the Senior Revenue Accountant/Revenue Manager will partner with FP&A, Sales, Legal, Sales Operations, and Product Mangers, play an advisor role for customer contract negotiations, and perform contract review for revenue recognition compliance. Further, the candidate will serve as a key technical resource/expert for other members of the revenue accounting team in applying ACS 606 guidance and documenting accounting conclusions on non-standard contracts. The position reports to a Revenue Manager. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment across many different functions within the business and the finance organization. A successful candidate will have a strong working understanding of ASC 606 with experience in application of the standard to a SaaS business model in the tech industry.
- Provide technical accounting expertise in cross functional meetings in areas of new offerings, SaaS offerings, changes to pricing and packages, non-standard agreements, and any other company initiatives that trigger revenue recognition impacts; document revenue recognition positions and conclusions
- Review Sales Orders, Invoices, and Revenue Contracts processed through RevPro for completeness, accuracy, and proper revenue treatment.
- Perform OEM partner royalty reconciliation on a monthly/quarterly basis. Establish relationship with both internal/external business partners to identify issues and suggest process improvement.
- Monitor and maintain system configurations including SKUs and fair value price list
- Engage on special projects, including system implementation and updates, user acceptance testing (UAT), and process documentation
- Perform monthly/quarterly close tasks including revenue review, journal entries and accruals, account reconciliations and analysis
- Identify and troubleshoot Production issues and partner with Business Systems to implement solutions
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly financial reports and disclosures including Deferred Revenue, Waterfall, Disaggregated Revenue, and Backlog
- Assist with SOX compliance and external audits
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and automating manual tasks
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams to influence best practices
- Be flexible to take on new ad hoc projects and be able to adapt to fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- CPA a plus
- Two to five years of combined experience working at a Big 4 accounting firm as well as publicly-traded software company
- Netsuite and RevPro experience desired
- Demonstrated expertise in revenue recognition, with strong focus on software revenue recognition
- Strong technical accounting skills as well as solid knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley / internal control frameworks
- Proficiency in accounting systems, spreadsheets, databases, and business analytics applications; experience with Netsuite. Salsesforce, and Zuora is a strong plus
- Strong ability to multi-task; able to prioritize and manage competing goals and responsibilities
- Ability to build relationships with new and existing executives across functions
- Ability to quickly grasp company operations and business drivers
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative Interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly and present to an audience
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.