Manager, Worldwide support - Bangalore
Responsible for leading a team of System reliability engineers (SRE’s) in the Global Technical Support organization, who are engaged in providing assistance to customers and partners in technical issue identification and resolution. Specializes in high-end, Enterprise level support of customers or channel partners with advanced support needs. Establishes staff schedules for queue coverage and individual or group training sessions. Conducts regular 1:1 and team meetings to evaluate individual and team performance and facilitates the development of proficiency in both technical skills and general customer service skills.
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Has very good verbal and written communication skills to drive effective customer communication.
- Delivery of superior-level support to end-user customers and functioning as point-of-contact for raised issues to ensure appropriate response and focus of support teams.
-Demonstrate strong acumen to understand and work with support leadership to solve business challenges
-Design, develop and implement processes, tools to enhance support function including workflow and incident management
-Drive critical customer issues to resolution leveraging cross-functional resources
-Proven track record of delivering results through people, business and operations management.
- Regularly participating in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and customer service delivery.
- Conducting regular team meetings and performance discussions with support engineers.
- Interacting with regional and corporate management on matters between functional areas or customers and the company.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on department operations, and closely handles critical customer accounts to develop a path to issue resolution.
- Interface with engineering, field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience in a technical support environment
- Previous account management or account executive skills desired, with the ability to organize and track multiple projects.
- Effective leadership experience required, with goal setting and action plans for career development on a team and individual basis.
- Must exhibit an effective customer service attitude and be able to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations.
- Must utilize exemplary verbal and written communication skills when dealing with customers and business partners.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a Technical Engineer.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in leading and motivating talented support engineers.
- Project management experience or background, with experience in handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis, performance management, and interviewing skills.
- Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content is difficult or critical.
- Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions for a problem.
- Consistent record of defining and developing innovative enhancements to Support process and methodology.
- Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction.
- Validated ability to formulate and oversee solutions to issues in partnership with multiple functional areas.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment and use judgment in handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies & relevant certifications desirable
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.