Finance Analyst-[ APJ]
APJ Finance Analyst:-
The Sales Finance team within Nutanix is a small high energy team mapped to the sales org, and providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions in conjunction with FP&A. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a high impact team in a rapidly growing organization. The team provides analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and handle financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and performance tracking.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with impeccable analytical skills to join us as a Finance Analyst. You will analyze and report financial and operational results, monitor performance, and assist with providing key inputs for the strategic planning process for APJ (Asia Pacific & Japan). You will be expected to partner with senior business leaders, and to be able to articulate data-driven insights for consumption and decision-making by the business.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- To demonstrate Nutanix’s values of Hunger, Honesty and Humility, and to embody these principles while partnering with sales and functional teams as Finance support in the Theater.
- To support the APJ Finance leader as directed to partner with Regional, Functional and Vertical Leads across the Theater.
- To contribute to the APJ strategy and business planning through:
- Analysis of market dynamics, business trends
- Co-ordination of inputs from functional groups
- Leveraging reporting and insights provided by HQ and adjacent functions
- Working with HQ FP&A to provide in-Theater ad hoc support for Channel, Marketing, Services and Customer Success.
- To represent APJ where applicable in Finance projects and programs to ensure the theater’s nuances and specific considerations are addressed.
- Provide detailed financial reporting to leadership pertaining to opex, margin and T&E for the Theater (including all regions and subregions)
- Localised granular reporting tailored to APJ needs to supplement centralised views
- Ad-hoc reporting from Netsuite, Tableau and Salesforce as required
- Assist with building a Headcount and Annual Operating Plan which is robust and consistent with HQ productivity and profitability expectations
- Forecast quarterly discretionary opex for APJ and complete monthly accrual activity for submission to HQ
- Prepare variance analyses to identify and explain significant variances to budget
- Prepare departmental reports with budget to actual comparison for distribution to department leads
- Perform financial analysis, as directed by management, and recommend appropriate courses of action utilizing appropriate financial tools (e.g. NPV, ROI, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of analytics and presentations for APJ and HQ leadership
- Degree educated, with at least 2-3 years of post-qualification related experience in either FP&A, management consulting or other analytical roles
- Fluency in English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, lookups, and logical functions
- Ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Experience working in a matrix organization and/or dealing with multiple cross-functional partners.
- Experience with ERP/Planning Systems (Adaptive Planning/Netsuite) is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce/Tableau is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-growing IT systems/networking organization is a plus
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.