Corporate Systems Engineering Intern
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Corporate Systems Engineering team is responsible for building tools and services used by the Nutanix field sales organization all over the globe, including a public website to facilitate product demonstration and a private cloud of Nutanix clusters used for customer proof of concept and training exercises. As a CSE Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and support of custom software and tools used by the Nutanix field sales organization.
- Assist in the development of new and improvements to existing software tools and services
- Develop, improve, and maintain lab & data center policies, processes, and how-to documents
- Support Corp SEs in troubleshooting hardware, network, and connectivity issues
- Learn, understand and utilize Nutanix’s RX cluster reservation system
- Monitor communication channels such as Slack, JIRA and email for support requests coming in from the field
- Basic knowledge of the following: Networking, Basic protocols (ex. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.), Linux, Windows, Virtualization, and APIs
- Knowledge of data center standard methodologies (power, cooling, redundancy) and hypervisors (Hyper-V, KVM) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program, specializing in computer science or engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.