Test Automation Engineer
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar cloud infrastructure market by developing the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to handle petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines.This brings about exciting new challenges in building a cloud scale distributed control plane that can serve a multitude of applications.
We’re looking for a fearless and creative automated test developer to build a low-maintenance and elegant automated regression test library for a groundbreaking and revolutionary enterprise infrastructure product.
We’re looking for someone who is up to the challenge of doubling our QA testing capacity by automating our extensive suite of complex manual tests. In addition to the test automation work, you will support a successful product delivery schedule by running tests and analyzing failures. The ideal candidate will have a strong arsenal of skills and a proven track record of quickly implementing, maintaining, and running a reliable automated regression test library.
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing; enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are there enough logs, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc…
- Analyzing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Knowledge of OOPs concepts and application in writing the test frameworks.
- Experience in developing automated tests using Python programming (3 years minimum).
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Able to work independently.
- Team player who is excited to share ideas and problems, and quickly processes feedback.
- Love of programming and problem-solving.
- Ability to innovate.
- Familiarity with virtualization and/or storage and network management
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux (RHEL flavors preferred).
- Works on projects of moderate to high conceptual complexity. Demonstrated ability to write high quality functional and system test plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters at Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years’ of relevant work experience in QA and automation.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.