Inside Services Sales Manager
The iSSM (Inside Services Sales Manager) supports our business in the Americas’ sales regions which include: Enterprise, Commercial, Federal, State & Local Government and Latin America. The iSSM is expected to have strong foundational knowledge in IT infrastructure and work with cross-functional teams (Sales, service delivery, project managers, and services operations). Ideally, a candidate will have strong organizational, process management, and communication skills for participation in quarterly business reviews, weekly sales meetings, team strategy calls and interactions with field sales.
The candidate will work closely with a SSM (Services Sales Manager) and together focus on identifying opportunities to add Nutanix Xpert Services (Professional Services) to product deals to help increase product drag, drive customer adoption and reduce our customer’s time to value. The iSSM is expected to have a clear understanding of Nutanix’s full breath of service offerings and recommend the most appropriate service(s) based on the customer’s business and financial requirements. The candidate will possess knowledge of the solution sales process and services outcome from opportunity origination through closing of services sales opportunities. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to be able to message and position Nutanix’s lifecycle of services including, but not limited to:
- Day-0, Transformation Engagements: Planning for successful technology transformations by aligning IT and business. This is accomplished through executive engagements and enterprise architecture workshops.
- Day-1, Outcome Based Service Offerings: Accelerate adoption of digital solutions, deliver faster time-to-value, and reduce risks through infrastructure modernization, Cloud and IT automation, database modernization and virtual desktop modernization.
- Day-2, Operations Offerings: Proactively address risk and continually optimize digital operations through expert advice on the Nutanix platform. Offerings include Technical Account Managers, Residents and Designated Support Engineers.
- Multi-modal Education: Training and certification.
- Work with SSMs, account managers, sales engineers and product specialists to position custom and SKU’s based services offerings within their assigned territories.
- Mine data for customer-owned pre-paid services (FlexCredits) and work with the services operations desk, Sales, and service delivery team to utilize FlexCredits for any of Nutanix’s services offerings.
- Assist in responding to RFPs (Request For Proposal), contribute to writing work product for SOWs (Statements of Work) and PCRs (Project Change Request) while providing ongoing enablement to our field sales team so they be knowledgeable about our services offerings and position them properly with their customers.
- Provide weekly sales forecasts and regular reporting and stay abreast of deal status for each campaign and opportunity where your role guarantees a successful outcome.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of hybrid cloud modalities, IT go to market challenges, and business drivers that impact customer purchasing decisions.
- Embrace on-going technical and sales education, training and development.
- 2+ years of experience with solution or consultative sales
- Ability to collaborate with and respond in a timely manner to end-user customers, field sales and service delivery teams.
- Strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Good sense of organization and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced working environment.
- Sold into the datacenter and infrastructure services markets.
- Understanding of hyperconvergence products, Enterprise Cloud, DevOps, data center transformation and their impact on the customer’s IT journey.
- Proposal creation experience (SOW, RFP).
- Associate or bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.