Legal Counsel, EMEA
Reporting into the Head of Legal EMEA, you will play an important role in ensuring Nutanix’s continuing success by working closely with our sales teams, partners and customers with a high degree of pragmatic commerciality too facilitate the close of revenue generating transactions and help to establish key strategic alliances around the globe. You have a strong work ethic and flexibility and are comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity. You are a pro-active legal professional with a penchant for helping to build a vibrant business and have a strong bias for action. You feel comfortable working in a fast paced international and multi-cultural environment and enjoy working across multiple internal company disciplines. You are curious about complex technology and strive to be a highly visible key component in a rapidly expanding business that deals with some of the largest enterprises in the world.
About the team
Nutanix is the recognized world leader in Hyperconverged Technology. We are growing fast. In less than a decade, we have gone from a brand-new start-up to a public company with over 16,000 customers and 6000 employees. We have offices all over the world, and over a billion in revenue, but we still operate like the scrappy disrupter that we are. The Nutanix law department provides legal\contractual support for this fast-paced multi-national corporation. We are a global legal team of legal professionals.
Our team is founded on three pillars:
- Partnership- We strive to be the easiest company in the tech sector with which to do business. Easy for our customers. Easy for our internal teammates.
- Service-We to our best every day to enable our teammates to drive revenue, increase market share and build winning relationships with our partners and customers.
- Integrity-Our sense of ethics is of paramount importance to team Nutanix
We strive to act as a Strategic Business Advisor, End-To-End Business Enabler and Risk Management Centre of Excellence every day.
Our legal group, working in close proximity with Nutanix our sales team, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things.
We offer a unique culture, which is empowered by our 12 principles
You’ll get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation in the hybrid cloud era and we offer many programs that help foster your personal and professional growth along with a very competitive benefits package.
- Contribute to our commercial success and growth goals as an integrated strategic business advisor and enabler.
- Review, draft and negotiate strategic opportunity-specific commercial agreements including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), software license agreements, partner agreements, DPA’s and procurement contracts, reseller/subcontract agreements, services agreements and strategic alliance agreements utilizing playbooks and templates.
- Be the lead legal representative on complex and high value revenue generating commercial transactions and high visibility procurements.
- Coordinate with commercial sales team members, commercial deal desk and sales operations managers to ensure that the company is able to book and recognize revenue, minimize risk and to protect our intellectual property.
- Provide contractual content for proposal (RFP)responses to strategic solicitations including legal terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and other contractually related requirements for selling on-prem, off-prem and cloud/SaaS software and support.
- Coordinate with sales, finance, pricing, product, support and other functional internal departments, ensuring proper communication and internal approval/sign-off as required.
- Monitor contract performance by determining compliance to contract and regulatory requirements and coordinate with management and other internal groups to ensure these requirements are being satisfactorily fulfilled.
- Minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience (PQE) experience with a minimum of 3 years in-house experience in the enterprise software arena.
- Experience with various software transaction and sales models, including SaaS, Cloud and Hybrid Cloud and on-premise software licensing.
- A proven track record of negotiating various commercial agreements with IP and licensing knowledge being essential.
- Fluency in English and ideally one additional language (e.g. Dutch, French, German).
- Familiarity with various revenue recognition rules and accounting standards such as of GAAP.
- Evidence of strong knowledge of privacy issues- in particular.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and able to “keep all the balls in the air”.
- Ability to work with both entry-level colleagues and senior management across the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.