As a member of the Operations RMO (Resource Management Office) team, the Resource Coordinator is responsible for the allocation of both internal and partner consultants and project managers to ensure overall success of Nutanix implementations. In this role, the Resource Coordinator collaborates with stakeholders such as Xpert Services Service Delivery Leaders (SDLs), Project Managers and Partner Services to ensure skilled resources are correctly assigned (insourced, outsourced) to projects. This role is key in ensuring that consultants, project managers, and all necessary resources and outsourced partners are fully utilized in a rational and equitable manner.
In this role, you will ensure that management has a consistent and clear view of resource allocation. Consultants are assigned in a way to maximize utilization, leverage and increase their skillset, minimize travel, and ensure balanced workload.
The successful candidate will effectively manage their time across the multiple tasks of their role, with an ability to prioritize, resolve issues and escalate where required. They will be able to think strategically, but also be detail-oriented to ensure billing and system accuracy.
Nutanix uses a cloud based Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool, such as NetSuite. You will be responsible for managing this tool, its project assignment capabilities, reporting, and data hygiene.
The Resource Coordinator will:
- Interact closely with the Service Delivery Leaders and Project Managers to ensure the most logical resources are assigned to staff each project through an internal or external partner resource
- Internal resource
- Leverage the PSA tool to determine schedule
- Work with Project Managers and consultants to identify appropriate resource
- Update the PSA tool with information related to the resource engagement
- External Resource
- Determine appropriate vendor
- Negotiate appropriate cost and resource
- Create Purchase Orders (PO’s) for vendors
- Approve Vendor invoices
- Internal resource
- Help maintain the skills matrix to ensure the right resources are assigned to each project based on technical skills
- Create Purchase Orders and approve invoices for Xpert Services training and Staff Augmentation
- Ensure prompt and effective communication happens across all teams involved in delivery (sales, sales engineers, service delivery, and project management)
- Support all services operations initiatives as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with resource allocation coordination and scheduling in a software company preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Excel, MS Outlook, MS OneNote, MS Sharepoint, SalesForce, and resourcing tools, such as NetSuite
- Hands-on experience in managing resource schedules/calendars using a PSA tool
- Ability to read and interpret Statements of Work, Data Sheets, etc.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks, and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to handle pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a diverse community
- Quick response to complex requests for resources, balancing the needs of the organization, along with an ability to make rational decisions suggesting internal or external options
- Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to coordinate request responses with RMO team to minimize duplication of effort
- Ability to take notes on task progress such that others can understand and assist as needed
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and understanding of contract language terminology
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate independently or as a team in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with management and various lines of business
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.