Technical Writer will have the opportunity to work with teams of product and support engineers to create end user and internal documentation. The writer will also be responsible for release notes and for knowledgebase articles for a variety of audiences. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and can produce multiple deliverables with frequent deadlines. Candidates should have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly and have the versatility to move from project to project as needed. An ideal candidate will have a strong interest in innovative solutions to documentation challenges in the new era of computing and IT.
- Document new products, platforms, and features
- Maintain documentation for previous product versions
- Write release notes and support documentation
- Gather information from team meetings, product specifications, interviews with subject-matter experts, and direct interaction with systems
- Manage multiple projects for software and hardware products
- Peer review other writers’ work
- Gather and address feedback from multiple sources
- Work independently and rapidly to meet tight deadlines
- Coordinate efforts with the education team to manage shared content repository
- Work with engineering and marketing staff to develop, write, and edit technical papers
- Authoring concept, task, and reference topics for use in a variety of outputs and contexts
- Following organizational and industry standards (such as Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications)
- Managing multiple versions of topics
- Tracking and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Using UNIX/Linux command-line interfaces
- Working in cross-functional teams
- BS or BA in technical/professional communication, English, journalism, computer science, electrical engineering, or other related field
- 5-8 years documenting software products
- Experience single-sourcing multiple deliverable types with topic-based structured authoring (DITA or other XML preferred)
- Some experience with UNIX/Linux, storage, virtualization, and/or networking technologies
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.