MTS Developer- Full Stack
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
In this role you will:
- Work on next generation data protection software platform enabling multiple backup partners to provide leading backup features for their customers
- Design and develop the REST API interface and backend data models to facilitate integration with third party backup vendors
- Design and develop a scalable, distributed system for both hybrid and public cloud environments
- Work with Product Management, architects and leads to understand requirements, design and develop software for a converged compute + storage platform for the secondary and tertiary data
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Engage with customers, partners and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields with 5 years of relevant industry experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with 2 years of experience.
- Love of programming, ability and passion to solve complex problems
- Strong experience in Python, Java and C++
- Strong knowledge of REST API specification and development, including experience interfacing and integrating multiple products using the APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Go Programming Language will be a definite plus
- Experience building distributed, cloud native systems
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, distributed data management, clustered, high-performance and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with Version Control System (git)
- Basic understanding of UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.