Software Engineer (FleX Core)
Software Engineer in the FleX Core team
The FleX Core team leads the FleX project, which is transforming Nutanix into a true software company by decoupling our software from the underlying hardware. We accomplish this by focusing in three major areas:
- Hardware enablement and qualification: Establish a unified, streamlined set of tools and processes for enabling, integrating, and qualifying all hardware with Nutanix’s software.
- Hardware abstraction layer (HAL): Decouple Nutanix’s software from the underlying hardware by developing a complete hardware abstraction layer.
- External access: Allow external users to bring up and qualify new hardware components and platforms entirely on their own using the FleX tools and the HAL.
See the following blog post for more information about FleX: https://www.nutanix.com/blog/nutanix-enables-hardware-freedom-of-choice-with-flex
- Develop software, including libraries, services, applications, and/or UIs.
- Work collaboratively with peer developers, QA engineers, and others to plan, design, and implement software.
- Debug internal and customer issues, devise and execute temporary solutions, and implement longer-term fixes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Love of programming and skilled in one or more major languages (Python preferred).
- Have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, files systems, big data, machine learning, compilers, algorithms and data structures, or cloud computing
- Interest and experience working with various operating systems and hypervisors such as Microsoft Windows (Hyper-V), Linux (KVM), and VMware ESX.
- Detail-oriented with strong focus on code and product quality.
- The interest and ability to learn new things quickly.
- The ability to coordinate and communicate with a variety of people from different teams and to manage and resolve conflicts between different goals and approaches.
- A track record of being reliable, responsible, and thorough.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.