Manager, Software Development
At Prism, we are trying to build the next generation platform to help enterprises model, visualize and consume applications. You will be responsible for managing how all customers interact and consume APIs in Nutanix. Our goal is to provide a highly scalable and user friendly platform to our customers, internal or external, who can consume the standard frameworks. We are looking for individuals who are very passionate about technology and how it can be used to solve deep technical problems.
- Hire, coach, and grow a high performing team of talented engineers with diverse skill-sets.
- Collaborate with the geo-distributed team to own and deliver projects end to end
- Communicate across functional teams and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in architecture and technical design and drive product direction & strategy
- Manage and grow an existing team.
- Refine and grow existing processes or develop new ones to enable smooth functioning of engineering team
- Drive development of timely and high quality software releases
Required Technical Skills
- Strong experience in building and managing web scale applications using Spring boot or similar framework.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms..
- Experience in one of the following programming languages: Java/Python/GoLang/C/C++
- Working experience working with storage, virtualization and/or cloud technologies
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed database systems preferred
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/ MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ Years of experience, 2+ Years of management experience
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Experience working in a high growth multinational company environment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.