DevOps Engineer, Developer Productivity
DevOps Engineer, Developer Productivity
Nutanix’s Developer Productivity team is responsible for enabling all of our developers to do their best work at Nutanix. We manage and maintain systems in Nutanix’s datacenter, as well as AWS and GCP, which provide our entire build and test environments, and related services. Our DevOps engineers work closely with product development, and work in both the infrastructure and software domains. We prefer automation to interruptions, and infrastructure as code rather than sprawling.
- Design and implementation of build and test services
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our services
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders on the best way to accomplish a given task
- Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Significant programming experience in one or more languages (ie python)
- Linux systems administration experience
- Automation experience (scripting)
- Substantial experience with containerization, specifically docker
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Host level understanding of networking (TCP/IP)
- Ability to understand existing APIs and produce automation that uses them
- Significant cloud (AWS/GCP) experience, design patterns, limitations, and cost containment techniques
- Prior experience implementing significant technology redesign projects
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Ability to implement effective monitoring and alerting
Additional desired skills are:
- Experience supporting CI/CD systems (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with Artifact Management Systems (Artifactory, Nexus)
- Experience administering source code management systems (GitHub, Gerrit)
- Database administration experience
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.