Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Technical Writer will have the opportunity to work with teams of product and support engineers to create end user and internal documentation. The writer will also be responsible for release notes and for knowledgebase articles for a variety of audiences. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and can produce multiple deliverables with frequent deadlines. Candidates should have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly and have the versatility to move from project to project as needed. An ideal candidate will have a strong interest in innovative solutions to documentation challenges in the new era of computing and IT.
- Document new products, platforms, and features
- Maintain documentation for previous product versions
- Write release notes and support documentation
- Gather information from team meetings, product specifications, interviews with subject-matter experts, and direct interaction with systems
- Manage multiple projects for software and hardware products
- Peer review other writers’ work
- Gather and address feedback from multiple sources
- Work independently and rapidly to meet tight deadlines
- Authoring concept, task, and reference topics for use in a variety of outputs and contexts
- Following organizational and industry standards (such as Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications)
- Managing multiple versions of topics
- Tracking and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Using UNIX/Linux command-line interfaces
- Working in cross-functional teams
- BS or BA in technical/professional communication, English, journalism, computer science, electrical engineering, or other related field
- 1-3 years documenting software products
- Experience single-sourcing multiple deliverable types with topic-based structured authoring (DITA or other XML preferred)
- Some experience with UNIX/Linux, storage, virtualization, and/or networking technologies
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.