Services Automation Engineer
The Services Automation Engineer will develop re-usable intellectual property to automate everything related to infrastructure as code. For example, you will automate the deployment of physical clusters, provisioning virtual workloads, migrating workloads to a different cloud, rolling out patches across thousands of servers, and a wide variety of hybrid cloud and orchestration use cases that our customers will leverage to speed the adoption of our platform. She or he will work with software developers and consultants to create scalable and reliable solutions for clients and partners.
- Design and develop software for automating solutions
- Plan, design, and build new service offerings around automation and orchestration for customer’s private and hybrid cloud environments
- Develop effective automated unit and integration tests
- Work closely with consultant and program management teams to develop high-quality solutions in an agile development environment
- Engage with customers and service delivery teams when needed to solve delivery issues
- Experience with web service development and using RESTful APIs.
- Interest or experience working with virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, HyperV)
- Have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, file systems, large scale distributed systems, compilers, algorithms and data structures and cloud computing.
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Vagrant/Ansible/Salt (preferred)
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc. (preferred)
- Experience with building Jenkins/automated test frameworks (preferred)
- Experience with containers including Docker/Swarm/Kubernetes (preferred)
- 1+ more years of developer internship experience highly (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- Advanced degree in computer science (preferred)
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.