MTS - Developer, Core Data Path
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The MTS Developer position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles including (but not limited to) working on the core data path, platform deployment, data protection and replication, Linux kernel development. When applying for this job, you'll be automatically considered for our current and future developer roles. Lets match up our challenges with your skills and passion.
In this role you will:
- Architect, design and develop software for a converged computing+storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a dynamic environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to resolve production issues.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in CS or similar field preferred
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.