UX Designer - 2022 Summer Internship
As part of Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong designer for the San Jose,CA office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems, and whose work demonstrates strong design aptitude for enterprise-level product design. We need someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with a globally distributed design team and can help grow and connect design projects across Nutanix's worldwide offices
Required Design Skills:
- Graduating December 2022 or later
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction design or another relevant technical degree with a design, or Human-Computer Interaction focus is required.
- Well versed in using standard creative tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge about user and design research
- Ability to create interactive prototypes based on existing user journeys
- Capability to translate research insights into interaction flows to improve product experience
- Familiar with current interaction design concepts, and good understanding of design systems
- Experienced in creating design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Attention to detail – terminology, appearance, OS standards, behaviors, and workflows
- Ability to iterate rapidly and inspire with creative approaches
Required Soft Skills:
- Motivated and positive individual
- Reliable and ready to adapt to a professional work environment
- Quick learner & willingness to engage fully with the products
- Willingness to strive for the best solution to achieve customer satisfaction
- Open, courageous and willing to try new things
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively
What we offer at Nutanix:
- 3 months paid or compulsory internship in a small team with senior experts
- Opportunity to work on products that are disrupting and redefining standards for Enterprise IT solutions
- Very competitive compensation for the internship
- Opportunity to work with our experienced global design team members
- Opportunity to solve complex and challenging design problems
- Learn Enterprise UX design best practices
- Responsibility for designing a part of a product under guidance and direction from senior team members
- Acquire and broaden design skills and develop technical domain expertise
- Opportunity to participate in user research sessions and learn about end-users
- Learns the Nutanix product development process
- Seeks to understand the purpose and intent of products and project
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.