Regional Sales Manager, South Texas Enterprise (Management Position)
Regional Sales Manager – [South Texas Enterprise]
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and creative Regional Sales Manager to join our team at Nutanix. In this role you will report directly to the VP of Sales, Central and will be responsible for leading a team of highly-skilled, seasoned Account Managers focused on enterprise accounts in the South Texas region including Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
We want someone who will be able to clearly articulate the value of Nutanix while respecting the overwhelming needs and responsibilities the Regional Sales Manager faces. We are looking for a sales leader who has experience managing experienced sales teams and is adept at building solid repeatable business propositions, particularly in a digital and cloud-focused environment. A consistent record of successful and smart management in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
About the team
Our Americas Sales organization is made up of over 360 driven & passionate salespeople who share a desire to disrupt the current state of the data center. The Sales organization collaborates and partners with our sales engineering teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. We are looking to expand our team to include additional A-players who are looking to bring simplicity and efficiency to a complicated world.
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures, and considerations.
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations.
- Own regional sales number, revenue targets, and sales projections.
- Works closely with channel partners to generate new business opportunities.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and the channel team on channel strategy.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements, and prospect tracking.
- Manage, mentor, and ramp all account managers on the team as well as partner closely with the Systems Engineering team.
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded.
- Extensive Rolodex, with proven experience in interviewing, hiring, and building out high-performance sales teams.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the region.
- You have 10+ years of quota carrying sales experience and 5+ years of high-level management experience of 7 or more direct reports in a fast-paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment.
- Proven experience in enterprise SaaS and/or subscription software sales
- You have a deep understanding of the changing environment within the enterprise market and how the drive for simplicity, cloud-first strategies, and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and deliver significant sales success.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You have a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in multiple, continuous years.
- You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for collaboration and teamwork.
- You come with a keen ability to develop sales teams to help the team achieve their overall goals.
- You are a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects a high standard for yourself and team.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative, works with limited direction, and has experience with companies pursuing and undergoing rapid growth.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.