Devops- Python, kubernetecs
DevOps Engineer – Infrastructure, Developer Productivity
Nutanix’s Developer Productivity team is responsible for enabling all of our developers to do their best work at Nutanix. We manage and maintain build systems in Nutanix’s data center and AWS, which provide our entire build and test environments and related services. Our DevOps engineers collaborate closely with product development and work in both the infrastructure and software domains. We prefer automation to interruptions and infrastructure as code rather than sprawling.
With the focus on reliability, scalability, efficiency, and high availability, you will be responsible for delivering and operating the foundational infrastructure platforms and secure environment at Nutanix. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong infrastructure (on-prem, AWS) experience. In this role, you will be designing and implementing across the ecosystem of infrastructure, tools, and services that the engineering teams build upon. You will be technically challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization, and more. Your work will help to drive our key strategic initiatives that enable our engineers to deliver with velocity and improve our infrastructure to handle the next iteration of Nutanix solutions.
- Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Build infrastructure automation tools and frameworks leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation/Terraform, and Helm
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system bottlenecks, and implement solutions to improve the scalability of our infrastructure for 10x-100x growth
- Work with extended teams to manage systems and infrastructure required for ongoing development and releases
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our services
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders on the best way to accomplish a given task
- You will help grow the team by mentoring and interviewing other talented engineers that want to join us
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Significant programming experience in one or more languages (i.e., python)
- Linux systems administration experience
- Automation experience (scripting)
- Substantial experience with containerization, specifically docker
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Host level understanding of networking (TCP/IP)
- Ability to understand existing APIs and produce automation that uses them
- Significant on-prem and cloud (AWS/GCP) experience, design-patterns, limitations, and cost containment techniques
- Prior experience implementing significant technology redesign projects
- Ability to implement effective monitoring and alerting
Additional desired skills are:
- Experience supporting CI/CD systems (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with Artifact Management Systems (Artifactory, Nexus)
- Experience administering source code management systems (GitHub, Gerrit)
- Database administration experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.