Member Of Technical Staff - Backend Development [3 - 7years ]
The Core Security Engineering team owns multiple areas that help to improve product security postures and values on AOS (NCI) and Security Central (SC) Platforms. The team has been working closely with both internal X-functional teams and external solution partners in solving complex product security issues. We work closely with PM team to align our security features with NIST Cybersecurity Framework. The team’s primary charters include CVE Patching Management, NCI & Workflow Security Features, and OS/Kernel Development.
We’re looking for a Software engineer (MTS4) with strong development background in large scale backend services to join our Product Security Engineering team at Nutanix. Ideal candidates should have experience with both developing and deploying an embedded Linux system or appliance, who know how to build scalable distributed systems solutions and keep them up and running by managing complexity and fault domains. Experience or familiarity with relevant storage and networking background would be very helpful. We are also highly interested in candidates that have expertise in Virtualization/Container and Private/Public/Hybrid cloud technology.
As a backend developer, you will be responsible for
- Design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable/distributed, embedded Linux based systems on core Nutanix distributed cluster
- Build clean interfaces and APIs with other components and strive to launch them as a set of micro-services.
- Closely research and monitor developments in open-source software communities in the distributed cluster management areas
- Cross functional collaboration with a small team of developers, test engineers, and product management on design and implementation work.
- Evaluate and improve product performance, scalability, and resilience.
- Engage with customers and support to solve production issues.
What you'll bring:
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams.
- Comfortable working with RESTful intent-driven APIs, microservices and open-source related projects.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment.
- Experience in Security domain especially around CVEs, Vulnerability Management and Patching etc. will be a big plus
- Familiarity or involvement with one or more of the following areas would be a bonus:
- PaaS, or Native Cloud Application Infrastructure
- SaaS project
- Multi Cloud integration
- Hardware Abstraction Layers
- Non-Disruptive System Upgrade
- Systems Health Checker
- Linux Security
- Event / Alerting / Logging design
- ML / AI
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s/PhD (preferred) in Computer Science.
- 5-8 years of industry experience or equivalent research experience.
- Experience building highly distributed / clustered systems and highly available services.
- Solid understanding of Linux platform development and network protocols.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms (VMware / KVM / Xen / Hyper-V) or containerized environments (Docker / Kubernetes).
- Private / Public / Hybrid cloud development experience would be a big plus.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.