Member of Technical Staff (Backend Engineer) - File Analytics
Nutanix File Analytics is a native analytics solution built together with the Nutanix Files platform to make it simpler for customers to understand how their storage & data is utilized by their users and also to help them meet data auditing, data access minimization and compliance requirements. This solution provides real time analytics through features such as –
- Detailed audit trails (activities performed against specific data and by specific users)
- Intelligent insights (storage capacity trends, data age, file distribution by size/type, most active files/users).
- Anomaly detection (identifying & alerting anomalous behavior across the system).
Responsibilities for File Analytics
- Create and maintain optimal multi-tenant data platform hosted on-prem and on AWS.
- Architect and build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL and data warehousing of billions of events collected from several on-prem setups and ingested via standard messaging bus (such as kafka, kinesis etc) to the data platform.
- Build data lifecycle management, backup/DR, CI/CD infrastructure.
- Architect and Build solutions for metadata management.
- Enable users to perform exploratory data analysis on file system metadata and data.
- Develop data models and mappings.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of junior engineers. Doing design/architecture/code reviews, handling technical customer issues.
- Advanced working knowledge of relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of SQL/NOSQL data stores , like Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Mongodb
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures.
- Hands-on Experience with large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimisation etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving.
- Good understanding of standard data structures and should be able to solve problems using it.
- Extremely well versed with Linux operating system, advanced systems programming, multi-threading issues.
- Excellent knowledge of caching techniques, messaging queues and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong architectural and coding skills.
- Experience with big data tools such as spark, link, Kafka, kinesis, etc. will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with AWS cloud services (one or more of ) : EC2, RDS, Amazon ElasticSearch, AWS Lambda, EBS, ,EFS, S3, SNS, EMR, ElastiCache will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with ML algorithms will be considered an advantage
- Experience with programming languages: Python, Java/go.
- Degree in computer science or a related engineering field.
- 5-12 years of relevant work experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.