MTS - Dev Extension (CDP)
The MTS Developer (Dev Extension) position is an aggregate position for all back-end systems roles including (but not limited to) working on the backup and disaster recovery, core data path, platform deployment, data protection and replication, Linux kernel development. When applying for this job, you'll be automatically considered for our current and future developer roles. Lets match up our challenges with your skills.
- Work as a part of the extended software development team on Software Features/Bugs
- Address Customer Escalations to Engineering
- Diagnose and debug deep and insidious issues. Provide workaround and fixes for those issues
- Develop automation tools to find bottlenecks and do root cause analysis and corrective action
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Work on backup and disaster recovery, core data path, performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Program in Linux environment and employ robust software engineering practices to develop and maintain reliable, field-serviceable, and maintainable software components
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, or Python, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows.
- Development experience in backup and disaster recovery, file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
- Team player that works well in fast-paced situations and startup environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required with 4-6 yrs of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]. #HP
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.