Finance Director - APAC, Sales
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Finance Sr. Manager/Director, APAC Sales supporting the Sr. VP of Sales for the APAC region. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced, and highly analytical individual. This individual will manage the regional budgeting & forecasting process—providing analytical/modeling support to the Sr. VP of Sales and the Corporate FP&A team.
- Managing the quarterly and annual planning and budgeting process, ensuring timely and accurate results.
- Work with the various geography leaders to accurately capture budget requests.
- Drive the FP&A calendar on a regional basis across the various geographies, providing close templates, disseminating requirements, and coordinating with the Corporate FP&A team.
- Prepare sales productivity analyses and provide actionable recommendations to the Sr. VP of Sales. The successful candidate should be able to distill conclusions into succinct, impactful analyses, with recommendations appropriate for executive management.
- Coordinate with the Accounting/Tax teams to provide the necessary local close and filing requirements.
- Lead in streamlining and improving the financial planning processes and tools, as well as identifying and driving new relevant corporate related metrics.
- Participate in cross functional company task forces on various projects including data warehousing projects.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in an FP&A role, preferably sales, including 5-7 years financial planning experience in a large public company environment, including consolidated financial planning experience CPA, CMA and/or MBA highly desirable.
- Prior experience in banking or consulting highly desirable.
- Exposure to software sales and related metrics highly desirable.
- Exceptional financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Excel skill including strong modelling and data manipulation skills.
- Tableau experience preferred
- Strong results orientation and bias to action. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, business partners.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage ambiguity, and juggle competing priorities.
- As this role will support the broader APAC region including China, ability to read & speak Mandarin is desired.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.